‘Outdoor adventures, love, learning in an enabling environment and care and respect for all.’
A warm family approach….
At Astwick we really care about our families and genuinely love our children. We go out of our way to help if you need it and believe actions speak louder than words – so always have a hug ready if the children need one and a big smile and warm welcome when they arrive. We want them to be happy and excited to come to nursery and our loving staff will always go the extra mile to achieve this. We show, not just say, we care. Listening and extending their interests and building on their curiosity, ensuring our environment grows and evolves. Our children are at the heart of everything we do.
We love the great outdoors! Wellies are a must! We have a whole farm to explore and get the children out into the fresh air to learn about and respect nature, jump in muddy puddles, fly a kite or simply run in the fields. We feel it is so important to experience nature, freedom to explore and have a chance to be a inquisitive child in today’s world of technology. We aim for every child to have flown a kite, made a stick wand, visited the lambs or piglets, jumped through huge puddle and picked fruit from a tree before they leave us. We want to give our children adventures. We are passionate that in a World that is ever changing with increasing technology, every child should have a chance to experience the natural environment and explore the great outdoors in their early years.
Aspiration – As a relatively new nursery, we are continuously looking for ways to improve and evolve. Achieving my dream of creating and owning Astwick Monkey Puzzle means I will never stop working to achieve the best and welcome our team and our family’s ideas and suggestions.
- To maintain a strong family ethos – Happy team – happy children – happy families.
- To learn outdoors and explore our farm environment, learning and developing respect for nature.
- To have adventures and learn through trying, doing and exploring.
- To create a safe, secure and fun nursery environment, implementing aspects of the curiosity approach and outdoor learning activities.
- To celebrate diversity, learn about each other and respect what makes us each unique.
- To build strong trust and bonds with children and their families, recognising they are the child’s most important loved ones and therefore the most important educators.
- To continue to evolve and strive to make the nursery the best it can be.
“Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.”
– Chinese proverb